Thursday, May 20, 2010

Two BEAUTIFUL ducks , right on my front boulevard......




Thought I would share these photos of the two young Mallard Ducks that arrived on my boulevard today.
I have never had ducks in my yard or near my house before. One has to wonder why they chose to stop by my busy street today , but my neighbor gave me a call to tell me they were outside so , of course I had to go investigate....

As you can see they are dangerously close to the road . The drivers on this road are definitely NOT watching for ducks. My neighbor had called the Animal Shelter and then the county police to have someone come and try to remove them . I could not help but wonder .... all that effort and they will probably fly away as soon as someone tries to touch them .
I managed to chase them away from the road , although my neighbor was sure fussing , worried that they would "run" off before the authorities came to save them :). I stopped shooting and they were lounging in safety from the road when I last saw them .

I have noticed more and more often , the wildlife entering into our city limits. Why, just the other day my oldest daughter and I saw a deer in a busy 4-way stop area . The deer was on the property of a home which has enticing lush foliage on probably an acre of land ( a rare piece of older property in the heart of the city) , We were so worried for this wonderful little creature. I have many more little stories of wildlife here in our city ... I bet, you all do too.

Since we continue to creep into their spaces , the lines inevitably get blurred. Yet we must all do our part to watch out for them , as they are all part of creation!
Blessings to all today!

No comments:

Post a Comment